Facilitating Career Development Training Classes
About the Facilitating Career Development Course
This is a required 120-hour National Career Development Association (NCDA) course to apply for the Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) certification.
Each of the following topics or competencies will be addressed:
1. What is a Career Development Facilitator? Understanding the CDF role as one who performs a variety of tasks that help. Individuals learn about themselves, learn
CDF students participate in interactive learning experiences.
about jobs, make career choices and plans, and then carry out those plans.
2. Developing a Helping Relationship: Being proficient in the basic career facilitating process while maintaining productive interpersonal relationships
3. Training and Leading Groups: Prepare and develop materials for effective, interactive and fun training programs and presentations
4. Career Development Theory and Its Application: Understand career development theories, models, and techniques as they apply to lifelong development, gender, age, and ethnic background
CDF Students gain tools to help clients prepare for successful employment choices.
5. The Role of Assessment in Career Planning: Comprehend
and use (under supervision) both formal and informal career development assessments with emphasis on relating appropriate career development assessment to the population served
6. Ethics and the Career Development Facilitator: Follow CDF code of ethics
and know current legislative regulations
7. Providing Career Services to Multicultural Populations: Recognize special needs of various groups and adapt services to meet their needs
8. The Role of Career Information and Technological Resources in Career Planning: Understand labor market and occupational information and trends. Be able to use current resources
9. Job-Seeking and Employability Skills: Know job search strategies and placement techniques, especially in work with specific groups. Understand how to overcome barriers to employment and maintain long-term placement.
10. Designing and Implementing Career Planning Services: Understand how continuous-improvement is used to improve client outcomes. Market and promote career development programs with staff and supervisors.
Benton Harbor, MI
Career Resource Connection,
269-657-2123, [email protected]